Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hankies.

I use hankies, I think they are much better than tissues but as with a lot of things there are drawbacks. One being that they need to be washed then stored. And some people iron them but I am not one of those people. Unless I have a cold I just throw them in with the rest of the wash and line dry in the sun. Or if it is a wet week they might be on the line being rinsed by the rain until they are dry. And of course, they aren't used every day but I do have 2 or 3 with me at at any given time. They are good for other things too, like wiping sticky hands, using as a wipe if some public loo has no paper...lots of things. But, when they are clean and waiting to be used again they do need storing. Up until now I have just had them folded and tucked down the side in my knickers drawer. It's worked, up to a point. After a while the drawer gets messy and the hankies get lost. With my new found get organised mindset I'm wanting to find things more easily, all the time...With this in mind I thought that I could put the hankies in a small bag so they were less likely to get lost in the drawer. Unfortunately the small bag that would have been *perfect* was decluttered and donated to Vinnies. I was too tight to buy it back yesterday when I was down there so today I went looking for something else to use. And found something suitable which shows that I didn't really need the other one after all.
                                                                                                       There are 21 in this pile with a few more in the wash.  Too many?  Maybe but I'm keeping them. I will put some away in the cupboard and maybe they will get decluttered in a few months time but for now...The ones in the bag are organised and easy to get to and the spares are out of the way and not bothering anyone. 


If you use hankies, how many do you have and how do you store them?










1 comment:

  1. I use hankies... I don't know how many I have. A dozen? I swear I used to have heaps but I don't know where they have all gone if so...
    I keep them in a tissue box.
    If you ever ARE decluttering them send them my way! I would love to have more but can't bring myself to buy them new... :D

    ReplyDelete