Saturday, August 14, 2010

BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! Cow.



A while ago I mentioned how I had left a gate open and was lucky that the cows didn't get in and eat our food.  I have been really good with the gates since then.  I go outside this morning and see this..





The bleedin' thing has eaten 1/2dozen Brocolli, a patch of peas, a dozen small cabbage, the green ones that we prefer!!  Two beds of lettuce.  Broken some trees in the shade area.








May be able to save this lot of peas.
I am no longer confident that I will meet our No Buy Veg challenge.  I want to cry, I was *this* close!  Oh well, there is still enough stuff to last the rest of this month so I'll just have to wait and see.  We do grow in another area that it didn't get to but that stuff is not as close to being ready as this lot was.

 Another bad thing is that I have no idea how it got into the backyard.  All the gates are shut properly, no fences are down...So how do I stop it from doing it again.  This black cow is the only one to escape from where it should be so I'm thinking it's time we had some beef in the freezer.

2 comments:

  1. Bugga! It would be so disheartening for something like that to happen after all your hard work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally "Bugga"
    Hubby thinks we can still do it, just have less
    choice.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete