Saturday, July 31, 2010

Buy No Veg Challenge.

It's the last day of July and we are still on track.

No veg were bought during July and the only fruit I bought was 4 bananas to take to work.  Pretty good aye?
And though I was going to buy a chook to cook I didn't so no meat was bought either.
How good am I!!

I must get Hubby onto culling a few chooks though so I don't need to buy one.

We have sweet potato, cabbages, broccoli, carrots, potatoes, capsicum, beetroot, onions, chillies, assorted lettuce, spinach ready to pick.  Caulies are finished, we didn't have many of those but enough for us.
Peas and broad beans are in flower.  They seem to be taking a long time and I don't have as many plants in as last year.  Not sure why as I love raw peas.  Not many actually get cooked.  Still have garlic and pumpkins in the shed.  L. brings us out a bag of onions sometimes which is good as otherwise I might have to limit my use of them.  I add onions to most stuff that I cook so the more I have the more I can add.

August is covered but I need to start thinking of Spring planting.

And I need to make sure I shut the gate to the back paddock because if the cows get in then we won't have much left.  I left it open a few days ago so am very lucky that they didn't notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment