Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pass Me The Grass Killer.

Or I could order in a truck load of concrete.  I want to do both.

I have been out mowing, the mower is making me cranky as it's not working properly and we have not long ago forked out money on getting it to...I will have to use the smaller *girly* 4stroke but I like, or used to like, this bigger 2stroke as it has a lot more grunt.

I have decided to mow and count it as my moving to get fit as there is so much to do and I feel bad when I walk and then don't mow.  Now I will mow and not walk.  The mowing is a lot harder.  It gets me pushing and using more muscle that the easy walks I was, or wasnt, doing.

I give the grass to the chooks, they eat the seeds, scratch around in it, poop in it, I rake it up and feed the gardens with it.  It is a never ending circle that goes on and on and on....

The grass here is thick and we never water it but it keeps on growing...and growing.  It never lets up but this time of year it seems to grow twice as fast.  Faster than I can mow.  It is a challenge to keep it under control. And in saying that, I am off to do another 30minutes.  That should get the back area finished.  Then it will be the front, then outside the front fence then the back will be overgrown again...

2 comments:

  1. That's why I had my 3rd son. It's his job to mow the lawns. (Which he'll be doing tonight after school.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frogdancer, I should have had a child just before menopause to have a mower right about now...lol.

    Barb,
    Move the chicken pen over it...lol...no lawn at all in a week. Just kidding about moving the pen. I know yours is fixed. Unless you have a riding mower, mowing is all about walking...it's the vibrating my hands that killed me when I mowed.

    ReplyDelete