Friday, April 12, 2013

Vinnie Volunteering.

I have had my second *practice* morning down at our local Vinnies store.  I like it.

Husband is unsure of me doing this, he thinks it might take me away from the garden and our going away.  It's the computer and books that takes me away from the gardens and we haven't been away yet this year so I'm thinking it won't be too much of a problem.

I am unsure about doing a regular day, I was thinking that I could just go in occasionally and be used as a call-in if someone couldn't make their day but after talking with the manager this morning I am going to do Monday afternoons for a bit and see how that works out.  I'm not good with afternoons though so not sure how that will go.  My days are limited until August/Sept so I'll just have to remember and get it into my head that Mondays are taken.    Fridays would be my preferred mornings but there will be more Fridays when I want to go away so as I couldn't guaranteer those I went for the Monday.     As with anything, I'm sure that with a bit of fixing here and there we will soon come up with something that suits us all.

Just need to now get it into my head that I need to be there Mondays and remember!  

2 comments:

  1. I will give you a call and remind you of Monday afternoon.

    Why are you not okay with afternoons? Mornings would be my least favorite time to volunteer.

    Remember, you are a volunteer, so they probably will not fire you for planning a day off if you need it. Of course, you will be committed, as you should.

    What are your duties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, if you get the machine please leave a message...but it means I'm not inside so have forgotten!
      Mornings are the time to do stuff and get stuff done. Afternoons are for reading. Everyone knows that!
      Duties? Varied, sorting donated items, tidying, serving customers, dusting, whatever else needs doing I supose. All good works and fun to boot.

      Barb.

      Delete