Monday, March 15, 2010

Lawn Mowing and Whipper Snippering.

I was outside early this morning trying to make a start on getting the grass down to a safe level but gave up just before lunch. DD and her fella came out while I was having lunch and within a few hours it is all done, including the edges. I am so pleased and grateful for what they did for me today. Thankyou T and L.

I have given in and will use spray around the edges to stop them getting out of control again. I just cannot keep up with it all anymore and Hubby is not home often enough to do it. I don't like the idea of using poisons but will do what I have to while I am unable to physically keep on top of it all.

Sometimes we have to do stuff that we don't want to and even though I have wanted the place to be poison free I also want it safe and it hasn't been that way for a long time. The long grass is a hazard and apart from being a haven for snakes it looks awful. I have also tripped over a couple of times by not noticing stuff that I have left laying around. I know I shouldn't leave stuff laying around the place but it happens so this way at least I will be able to see it.

We do not water the grass areas here but it still grows so fast and thick, it really needs to be mowed every week but I haven't been able to keep on top of it all. To have someone come in and do it we were quoted a couple of hundred dollars. It is a big area and does take hours to do in one go but that amount of money for lawn mowing? Not going to happen. So Wednesday I will get the spray out and hopefully it will work and half the amount of work that I need to do to keep on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment