Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The RAC and a FUD.

I needed both today, only had one of them though but it was the one that got the car fixed so I could get home so that was good.
I have been a member of the RAC for many years and been thankful for that quite a few times.  I think it is well worth the money for the membership. 
This afternoon I was driving merrily along, checked the guage to see if I needed petrol and noticed the temp guage way up. I pulled over and lifted the bonnet and the first thing I noticed was no heat coming from under there.  It usually has a bit of heat coming from under there after driving that amount of time so I thought that was strange.  I couldn't feel any heat coming from over the radiator but I was still wary about taking the cap off and checking the water/coolant.  Got brave, grabbed a jacket and removed it.  No steam or anything and definately no coolant and after discovering my car water bottle gone from the boot I called the RAC to come rescue me.
I was on the side of the road for nearly and hour and one car with a couple of blokes turned around and came back to see if I was alright or if they could help.  Thanks Guys, you will not see this but your concern was much appreciated.

So I don't know if there's something wrong with my car or if I just haven't checked things for awhile. Mmmm, the more I think about it the more I think that could be it.   RAC guy said to check the level over the next few days and if it goes down then get it looked at, otherwise just get some more coolant for it.

Having a FUD would have been handy as I needed to pee when I stopped and after waiting around so long things weren't getting better but I was thinking about it and probably wouldn't have used it even if I had one. If I was stuck there for much longer though, who knows.  It would have been awkward, what with being on the side of a busy highway and all but better than the alternative.

So I am thankful for the RAC and still planning on getting a FUD.

Have you ever been thankful for either?

No comments:

Post a Comment