Thursday, April 17, 2014

Planted Something, Need To Do More...

Finally got something planted.  We were in Mitre 10 in Pinjarra last week so while there I bought a few punnets of seedlings.  Came home and put the box they were in under a tree...and left it there until yesterday when I remembered them and pulled them out and gave them a drink and put them out the back so I'd see them and get them planted.  Did other stuff but while out there this evening I saw them and thought that I'd better put them into the garden before they died of neglect.  Half of them are planted but I will have to do the rest tomorrow.  

I bought eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower and beans.   The cauli and half the broccoli still need to be planted and hopefully I'll do them first thing tomorrow.  Tomorrow morning I also need to mow, finish some washing, clean out my car, put away the tables that we used at the markets...pack away some more stuff that I have decluttered for the markets, bag up some more stuff for the Freemarkets on Saturday, pack a bag ready for a couple of days out the beach, get food ready for the beach stay...Cleanout chooks water bowls and refill before I go...Freemarkets are Saturday afternoon but I wont get much done here once daughter L and her daughter get here around lunch time.  So tomorrow I will have to get up and have a coffee and NOT TURN THE COMPUTER ON!!   At All!!   Yeah, like that's going to happen.  I mean, I may not turn the computer on but all that other stuff that needs to get done before I go out the beach Sat afternoon or early Sunday...all that might not get done.   The planting, some mowing, chooks water, tidy house, vacuuming, finish washing... I'll be happy with that.

5 comments:

  1. That's a lot to do. You could leave off the vacuuming and do something else. I had better get up and do something right now. But, Criminal Minds is on. Someone save me from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I whippered snippered, mowed most of the yard, Didn't get the front area done. Planted, washed...Didn't vacuum so will do that in the morning. I want that done so I feel better when the 8mth old is on the floor.
      I like Criminal Minds but can't watch it when I am home alone, you are braver than me.

      Delete
  2. This weekend I have planted spring onions,broccoli,Asian greens and peas hopefully if the rain comes at end of week like they forecast it will give the ground a good soaking. Have dug in cow manure and compost in my raised veggie bed.
    Ruth _ Perth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to do peas but bought beans instead. I like peas better so will need to get some of them soon Ruth, do you grow from seed or buy seedlings?.

      Delete
  3. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete