Monday, August 5, 2013

What's Growing, August.

We have had more rain and still more to come, everything is wet. The gardens are doing OK though, not too many snails but a few slugs and still thousands/millions of those greedy little Slaters. The parrots are starting to get at the Oranges so I will need to net them soon. I should have done that today but didn't. This month our vegetables of choice will be Sweet Potato, Capsicum, Brocolli, Cabbage, Choko. Fruit will be Oranges and Mandarins. Chicken, Fish and Pork will be our meat. Not a great variety but enough that we won't go hungry. There should be Cauliflower too but they are so slow and still nowhere near ready. There are still a few small Tomatoes to keep the husband happy and normal spuds if I wanted to did them up. There should be other veg but I was slack and didn't plant enough. I really should get serious about it all again.

1 comment:

  1. It seems to me you do have quite a variety considering you grew it yourself. You have green, yellow/orange vegetables, other sources of nutrients. If you were on your own with no other source of food, I think you would be fed well, plus you would step up your gardening efforts.

    ReplyDelete