Sunday, August 29, 2010

Getting Fitter.

I have been riding the pushbike most days over the last few weeks, walking on the days when I haven't ridden.

I am pleased to say that I think the iron tablets have finally kicked in and started to work.

I had another bloodtest a week or so ago and need to go see the doctor for the results but I can tell that they are working by the way I am feeling.

I am no longer gasping for air before I get to the corner and though I am huffing and puffing still it is a good huffing and puffing, not an "I'm gonna die" one.

The doctor did put me on another lot of tablets as well a couple of months ago and I think it was those that have made the differece.  I have been taking the iron tabs for nearly 9 months and there was not a lot of improvement and all the tests were showing that there was nothing wrong and no reason for having no iron in my blood so I am pleased that it looks, feels, like something is finally working.

Now the hard work of getting fit is needed.  But as I can breath and am no longer getting chest pains when I try to do anything it shouldn't take too long.

It's up to me and I need, and want, to be healthy and fit as it makes things a lot more fun.  So I'm off for this mornings ride.  Who wants to join me?  I'm only going around the block plus up to the bridge and back, all up maybe 25 minutes.  Coming?  Lets go then...

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to better weather to be able to exercise by way of bike riding and walking. It has been a long winter...

    ReplyDelete