Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our Turn

Daughter T. had one at her place not long ago and today it was my turn.

Son came out this morning, brought his dogs for a swim and a run around. 

I was putting more cord on the whippersnipper out the front when I heard him yelling at the dogs to get *on the ute*  "Bloody snake" I thought and was right.

He had gone out to throw the net in to catch some marron and stepped over this thing on the ground before he realised what it was.  The dogs were running all around him excited about the water so lucky they didn't tread on it and get bitten.

It was only about a foot long, Tiger, but totally unexpected.  I would have thought that they would all be sleeping by now but I supose with the warm weather we will still need to be on guard.

I wouldn't have even known about it if he wasn't out here but it is a good reason for me to not go and mow out there now.  Not that that was on my list of things to do but you know what I mean..   I know that they could be anywhere but what I don't know doesn't bother me and now I will be wary for a few days.  Probably not a bad thing but I do get more done when I am not thinking about whether there is a bleedin' snake in the mulch or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment