Monday, March 14, 2011

A Week of Quiet.

We  Hubby culled a few roosters a couple of weeks ago but we only had a weeks quiet before the next lot started.  I think there are 3 out there starting to make noises that get them in trouble the frypan.  My problem is identifying them.  I go out and watch when I hear one starting then tell Hubby that it was the black one.  Maybe the grey...They are all black or PR looking!  And sometimes the one making the noise doesn't look that rooster-like.
I'm thinking of getting a spraycan of red paint so that I can mark them in some way.

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I can see you marking roosters with your trusty can of paint. There were no spurs, so I had trouble, too. Finally, I decided that only two of my ten were males. I would have eaten them if I had someone to dispatch them and return the animal ready for a stewpot.

    I have one hen who makes lots of noise. She does lay eggs. Maybe it is because she is TOP HEN she must be noisy.

    ReplyDelete