Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Challenge.

Hubby says I can't do it and he may be right but I won't know if I don't try will I.

The challenge?  To not have to buy any fruit in 201.  Not until next year so I have 12 months to get things sorted.  We have trees that are producing now and they will only get better.  I can freeze more stuff this year, dehydrate more stuff and not pig out on it so it lasts longer.  I could learn to bottle fruit so it will be like having tinned stuff in the cupboard.

I will need to get some things in that produce quickly so stuff like berries and melons could be the answer there.

I would have to be able to have the minumun 2 serves a day and there are 2 of us here so I will need to produce 4 serves of fruit but Hubby doesn't eat 2 seves each day so ...he sometimes goes weeks without eating any fruit at all so really I just need to gow enough for me. But, I am greedy...

It would be pretty cool to not have to buy fruit so I am going to give it a good shot.

I love watermelon but the 4 lots I planted since November did not make it and the ones I have in now have just germinated so I will need to work on that if I want some next year. 

If anyone does this please let me know how you do it.
If anyone wants to take up the challenge with me, please do, it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment