Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Probably a bit of snoring been going on as well but not much has been done outside in the gardens the last few days.  Everything is wet and soggy and the poor chooks have had to learn how to swim.

I'm thankful that Hubby got most of the mowing done for me.  He has also pruned and mulched all that needed pruning and mulching.  Seems there are some benefits to having him home longer than usual.  (Hi Hon!)   Everything is looking bare, mainly due to all the leaves dropping but also because most of the branches are gone.  They will grow back though, bigger, better, faster...OK, maybe not faster.

The sun is up today so if it stays dry I need to get some more hay into the chook sheds to keep them warm.  Well, I need to do this regardless but if it stays dry it is more likely to get done.

No snails were found on the last couple of mornings *snail patrol*  I think if they were around then they would have been out and about the last few days so numbers there are way down.  Wish I could say the same for the Slaters.  Hubby wants to put barrel loads of Slater poison down...I argue about it but then whinge about the bloody things eating everything.  I am very tempted to use the poison but...It's poison!

I have another 10, yes 10, chickens, hatched a few days ago.  As if I needed more chickens.  But she was secretly sitting  and when we found her I didn't know how long for so *had to* let her go.  There are a few roosters needing to be culled so that will kinda even things out. 

Hmmm, I thought that it was going to be a nice dry day but it has come over all dark.  Doesn't look too nice out there anymore so I better make a move while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment