Saturday, June 19, 2010

New Chookens.

Like we need more chooks but Hubby wanted them and they were *only* $3.50 each and the Isas that we have really are past it and 3 people wanted to buy eggs yesterday and we didn't have any and blah, blah, blah...

He has been talking about it for awhile and we have agreed to get rid of the Mixed Breed lot and get some more Isas sometime but Son came out and gave us a number to ring, the place was only 15 minutes away, the chooks were freerange commertial egg layers that were being replaced, blah, blah, blah.

Somehow we ended up with 50!!.  Yep, I really need 50 morec chooks to look after.   He did say that he will start culling the others though but we now have over 80 chooks here and I had too many before he got this lot.

Looks like chooken soup will be on the menu for the next few months. 

On the plus side I already have a couple of dozen eggs if someone calls in wanting some..  And I could onsell some of these chooks.  We have done that before and they seem to go pretty quickly if I put the sign out.

This lot are Hylines though not Isa Browns though they look the same to me.    

Actually we started off with 50 but because one had a prolapse this morning there are now only 49.  Funny, but I'd rather still have the 50 that I was whinging about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment