Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Hello, it's me...

Hello. Remember me?  It has been a long time since I came here, a long time since I had anything to say.  Haha, I still don't have anything much to write about but thought I'd better get off Facebook and see what was happening in the land of Blogs.  And you know what?  Some people have fantastic gardens that they eat from every day.  Some people are healthy and fit and doing what needs doing to get and stay there.  Some people are travelling the countryside and having adventures.

What have I been doing?  Umm, let me think.  Not a lot I don't think but I have been busy.  Doesn't seem like I have achieved much and that is another reason for my checking in here.  If I can get what I have done down on paper, so to speak, then I will see that I have achieved some things and can tell myself that I am not the fandl person I sometimes think I am.  Well, I am fandl, that hasn't changed yet but I'm sure that I have done stuff too. 

I am still planting stuff though not a lot and not often enough but I could go out there and pick enough to eat for the rest of the week.  So that's good!  Not going out there just yet though.  It's 7:30 and still a tad too cold outside for me. I am sitting inside with the fire burning having a hot lemon and honey drink as I think I have been subjected to granddaughters cold germs.  My lemons and honey though so yeah, I still got it!

I have lemons because it is Winter and citrus time.  Loving the Oranges straight from the tree and have a pile inside here that need juicing.  I will pick some more later and put them out the front and see if anyone wants to buy some.  Need to work out what to do with the lemons too.  We only have 1 tree now, a Eureka I think.  Husband chopped down and pulled out the massive bush lemon that fruited always and hid the house from the road but was dangerous with 2inch spikes everywhere.  And we didn't need that many lemons but the chookyard looks bare.  He "trimmed" some other trees too...sad face.  I have honey because husband help me extract the hives...oh months ago now and I still have some left.  My poor bees have been unloved and uncared for and I am not sure what to do with them now.  I want to keep them, want to be able to go out and check them every week, want to be a good beekeeper.  But I "forget" about them and husband gets cranky and does the checking himself...This is something that I need to get better with, especially with Spring coming up.  If I don't make an effort and they swarm then I may have to get rid of them.  But I am going to make an effort, prevent them from swarming, get off FB and back outside...

I am still with Vinnies and still loving it.  I have been busy there instead of here as we don't have enough volunteers and as Manager I am the one that steps in if I can't get someone else to fill a shift.  I was there Monday, usual day.  Tuesday as a fill-in.  Thursday is usual day and I may have to be there Friday but hoping not.  Rules are we need 2 volunteers but sometimes people go on holidays, get sick, have appointments...The small group of volunteers that are there are brilliant and a few have stepped up, a big thankyou to them, but we will be short for all of July.  And, much to husbands disgust, I have taken on another role and am now a Commissioned member of our Conference.  This means that I help out with the Welfare side of things now too.  So Volunteer Manager of Retail, which sounds more impressive than it is, and Conference Member.    I'm liking it but it does all take up a lot of time and I'm not very good at time management so seem to be just bumbling along with everything.  With the house and yard and bees missing out because of me wasting the time I do have on unnecessary thing like Facbook!  HoHum, not much different to normal really.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get motivated by reading a bit more before I go outside, coming here more often, and actually doing stuff. 

See you all in a few months time! haha.

2 comments:

  1. Happy dancing here! I am so glad you are back. Bees don't need your help. They know what to do unless ants get in or something. If they swarm, you won't have to get rid of them because they will be gone. Honey is the only thing you lose if you ignore them.

    Maybe you and your husband can reach a happy balance with all this. Lemons in the yard, so nice. Maybe you can plant a good lemon or other food plant to hide the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back also...I like reading your blog....it's like having a conversation with a friend you have known for ages, don't leave it so long between catchups !!!!! pleeease!!!! Joy.

    ReplyDelete