Sunday, February 12, 2012

Not Much Happening Here.

Where does the time go.  Once again it's been too long between posts and it's not helping me at all.  I haven't done a lot out there so that might be why I'm not posting.  I have nothing to say about the poor state our food supply is in.  And I don't want to mention that some chooks got out again and dug up the lettuce seedlings that me and the grandaughter planted last week! 

We're going away for a few days, when we get back the husband should be back at work for a bit so I'm hoping I'll get out there and get some things growing.  I will have to finish up outside in time to cook him an evening meal though so that will be a bummer.  I like to be outside early, in when it heats up and out again for a few hours in the evening.  Hopefully the weather will be cooler and I can stay out longer during the day.  I have a list and I will plant some things that will turn into food for us.  I'm pretty sure that I have now fixed the chooks getting out problem.  We'll see. 

We will have no power for most of the day today so will spend it getting the car ready for our camping trip, getting the chook sheds cleared out and new hay put in for them, tidying the house so it's nice to come home to, cooking some food to take, putting away yesterdays laundry...so much to do, so little computer time...Husband and son will spend the day cutting up a pig so we have meat for the next few months.  That somehow, at the moment, seems easier than my job of supplying the vegetables to go with it.  I can hear the chooks cackleing, at least I know how to get eggs on the table.

I'll see you all when we get back.

2 comments:

  1. It is 21F here, and my hens aren't laying. You hae planted lots, it seems to me. Enjoy your camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love knowing that whatever else may or may not be growing, the eggs will always be there!

    Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete